Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Joe Fresh

Today (Wednesday) I am taking my kids to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio.   I LOOOOVE roller coasters. I mean I run from ride to ride like a maniac, and ignore my thirst/hunger/full bladder kind of love. The higher and faster the better.  The weather looks like it should be nice, so with any luck it will be a perfect day. The last time we went on a perfect day they had the highest attendance ever, and we waited in line for every ride for so long, that we only managed to get on three rides all day!!! THREE RIDES!! I live almost 4 hours from Cedar Point, so it's not like I could throw in the towel and head home ya know?

Here in Canada we are sort of behind the 8 ball on a lot of things. We don't have access to a lot of brands, and we don't get the releases as soon, and sometimes we just don't get the releases at all. But, we do have one brand that is exclusive to Canada for now ( I believe there is a store opening in NYC soon?) Joe Fresh. It's a great brand, with decent quality for the most part, and easy on the wallet as well, at $3.33 per bottle. Mind you they are small bottles at 6 mls ,but really how often do you actually use up an entire 15ml bottle of polish? And- they have a FLAKIE!! ( I will be posting about the Flakie (called Twilight) when I return to adulthood-AKA get home from Cedar Point.  Here are some swatches from their collection.

I previously posted some swatches of another Joe Fresh colour, Persian Blue here and I layered Pure Ice Heartbreaker over it, and it's gorgeous!!


Crush Orange


Crush Orange

Fog

Fog

Fog

Fog



Storm

Storm

Storm

Storm

Storm


All of these had great application, and amazing shine with no top coat. Of course I wear top coat with them ( my trusty Seche Vite) but I was impressed with their high gloss before applying it.

I picked up a few from the fall OPI collection Touring America, and I should have those swatched and posted for you soon.  I am actually just about to paint  my nails with I Eat Mainly Lobster. :)

Thanks for looking!
♥Pam♥

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

10 comments:

  1. Loving Fog and Storm, I've been in a dark and muted kind of polish kick lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def loving Fog! Greys are having a special place in my heart at this moment lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful polishes! I like last one the most!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep telling myself I'm going to drive out to the Superstore and look at the Joe Fresh line.. you just gave me a few more reasons too!

    Enjoy Cedar Point! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! Beautiful colors...and beautiful nails! Wish I could get Joe Fresh where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty- liking Fog a lot! Have fun on the roller coasters

    ReplyDelete
  7. The orange is so bright! The other two look like great fall shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Another Canadian blogger! Awesome! I LOVE Joe Fresh colours! I think they're great for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the Storm one, that's a great dusty color. Hope the coasters are fantastic and the lines are minimal, have fun out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I might need to pick up that orange on my next grocery trip. Your nails are looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com