Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summertime, and the livin' is easy...♪♫♫

Playing with polish is the summertime is always so fun. I love nail art and other fun techniques.
So today I started off with China Glaze Strawberry Fields (at least I am fairly certain that what it is, the sticker fell off).

Then I decided to spruce it up with some sponging. So I added some Sinful Cloud 9, which is a shimmery orange. I just painted some on the edge of a makeup sponge and sponged it lightly on the tips of my nails. I went over some of them twice if it wasn't showing up enough for my liking.


I actually liked it like this, but if you know me, you know I can't leave well enough alone :)
So I added some China Glaze Happy Go Lucky ( bright yellow creme) to the tips, using the same technique, and leaving some of the orange showing.


I think it would look great with blue/green/lime or yellow as well. Maybe tomorrow. If I were to do this again I might choose a shimmery yellow instead of a cream, but it works well like this too.


Thanks for looking! Have a fantabulous day!




Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

3 comments:

  1. I love the gradient here - the color combo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love this too. I think I will do a blue/green/yellow version today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really cool! I am getting really awesome ideas from you -you are really good at this stuff! Youre making me want to branch out of of my safe box

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com